Saturday, November 8, 2014

What I would not buy online

A question was raised in my TINST 207 class, "What wouldn't you buy online?" As I pondered about this question for about a week... I realized that I was taking a while to come up with an answer! Why? Because personally, I wouldn't mind buying my things online. It is safe-- safer now compared to when e-commerce was a new concept. We talked about how when e-commerce began, the only thing people ever bought were books! Why? Because they knew what they were getting and it wasn't too expensive to risk sending your information from one place to another where sniffers might find your credit card information. Somehow I never thought of my information's security twice anymore when buying things online. Even though, I am well aware of hackers and people who are trying to take take information from other people online. Businesses have made the transaction more secured, or have they? Back then, a person that takes the information that we send them has to manually input the information sent to them into another database. What if this person takes the information and keeps it for himself to use? That person has now been eliminated through the process of the transaction online. Most of the processes are now done by the machine therefore people became more willing to buy online.
After a lot of pondering, I thought I wouldn't buy my food online. I like grocery shopping and I want to choose the things that I eat. I need to make sure that they aren't rotten or as ripe as I want it to be. Maybe one day, we will be able to choose all of these things and select them online.

No comments:

Post a Comment