Sunday, November 30, 2014

Dot.Com to Dot.Bomb

The boom and the bust disappoints me. I wish that the bust never happened, the world would be a very much more different place today if it didn't happen. It is disappointing that people pulled out when they heard of things such as Artificial Intelligence. Sure, it is a scary thing, but we'll never know until we try! I'm sure that, as a novice programmer, we could somehow "shut down" the program we made if given the programmer made an emergency shut down button in case the AI does not function as wished, or starts to take over the world. Imagine if the market never crashed; imagine if the research for AI started earlier. Where would we be today? And how many AI's would be around us? These questions makes me more excited and scared for the future as a beginning programmer. I hope to contribute immensely in this world of rapidly growing technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment